Monday, July 6, 2009

Homemade toys


Homemade toys have amused children and caught their imaginations for generations. Not needing batteries, or electrical sources, with no video screen or techno-music things like rag dolls and wooden cars have created imaginary worlds and hours of creative fun. With the concerns of lead and other dangers in commercially produced toys, homemade toys are a great alternative.

There are literally thousands of instructions for making everything from marshmallow shooters to rag dolls on the Internet, so this is by no means an all inclusive list but rather a starting point and jumping off place for your own imagination and needs. Often there is not that much skill that one needs to have but only love and a desire to make a child happy. If you find that you enjoy making toys consider making them to donate to your local children's hospital or police department. When my son was 2 years old he nearly died from a retropharyngeal abscess that was not discovered until nearly too late. As he was being rushed around the emergency room having MRIs and other tests and exams a volunteer came by with a smile and a stuffed animal for him to keep. It was not much to look at- little cat shape made from bright fabric scraps with permanent marker eyes, nose and mouth.Do you know, he still sleeps with that cat, four years later, and I bless the hands that made it every time I see it. It was a comfort to him during a very scary time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You

Thanks for visiting my blog.Now kindly thanks the publisher by clicking any (ads) available in the blog.You can use My Google Search Engine as your default search engine.Add Comments to my blog posts and share it via different social networks. Mention the flaws left in posts and let me able to better my blog. Moreover,You can suggest me some related links to my blog posts.Bookmark it,soon you will need it again.I will be personally thankful to you.