Monday, July 6, 2009

Silhouette book mark


You can't sew, you don't knit, and rather than getting your hands covered in glue you would rather buy your intelligent, eloquent, Guardian-reading partner a good book. You might think this makes you truly thoughtful, but with just 15 minutes' work you can knock up a beautiful bookmark to make your shop-bought present a little more special.

What you need

Coloured card
Pencil
Ruler
Rubber
Craft knife
Cutting board

What to do

1. Cut a piece of card 5cm wide and 21cm high. At one end, about 1cm from the top, draw a "U" shape: as it is easier to cut straight lines that curved lines, I made my "U" out of three straight lines. Cut along these lines with your craft knife, using the ruler as a guide.

2. How intricate you make your design depends on how good you are with a craft knife: if you don't feel confident cutting curves freehand, go for something made up of straight lines so you can cut with the help of a ruler. Draw your design lightly on to the front of the card with a pencil, so you can rub it out later. It doesn't have to be complicated to be effective.

3. Cut out your design carefully: it is worth taking your time as a slip of the hand means you might have to start again. When you get to the curved lines, try to cut them in one go - this will give your cuts a neater edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You

Thanks for visiting my blog.Now kindly thanks the publisher by clicking any (ads) available in the blog.You can use My Google Search Engine as your default search engine.Add Comments to my blog posts and share it via different social networks. Mention the flaws left in posts and let me able to better my blog. Moreover,You can suggest me some related links to my blog posts.Bookmark it,soon you will need it again.I will be personally thankful to you.