Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Deconstructed Broccoli & Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts

The presentation is great. But when I’m not worried about presentation, I take the easy way out. Here’s how I do it and it tastes delicious without any of the fuss.

p3154149

Deconstructed Broccoli & Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts

  • 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • Salt & pepper, to taste
  • 2 T. butter or margarine
  • 2 T. flour
  • 1 1/4 c. milk
  • 1 1/2 c. cheddar cheese, cubed or shredded
  • 2 c. frozen broccoli
  • 1/2 t. thyme
  • 2 T. butter or margarine
  • 1 c. breadcrumbs

1. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Place in small casserole dish (8×8 or 9×9).

2. In a small saucepan, melt 2 T. butter or margarine over medium heat. Stir in flour and cook for 2 minutes. Whisk in milk, bring to a boil and cook until thickened to gravy consistency. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese until melted. Add the broccoli. Season with salt, pepper and thyme. Pour over chicken.

3. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

p3154138

4. Melt 2 T. butter or margarine and combine with breadcrumbs. Sprinkle over chicken and return to the oven. Bake for 5-10 minutes, or until browned and chicken is fully cooked.p3154149

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You

Thanks for visiting my blog.Now kindly thanks the publisher by clicking any (ads) available in the blog.You can use My Google Search Engine as your default search engine.Add Comments to my blog posts and share it via different social networks. Mention the flaws left in posts and let me able to better my blog. Moreover,You can suggest me some related links to my blog posts.Bookmark it,soon you will need it again.I will be personally thankful to you.