Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Handmade & Homemade Just For You

DSC_0027.2

Hi-ya! It's Group Post day for the Papertrey Design Team and this month, we've all created gift-y projects to share with you using Lisa Johnson's new Just For You stamp set. For my project, I chose to work with the cute little "popcorn" sentiment from Just For You to create a popcorn themed gift set, just perfect for a cozy night IN!

If you've been hanging around here for very long, you've probably heard me talk about my favorite "littles" -- my niece (age 2) and nephew (age 1). Their mama, my sister Diann, has definitely got her hands full with those two and she and her hubs don't get out on too many date nights these days. So when I was thinking about what to get them for an anniversary gift, a Popcorn Night gift set seemed totally fun.....mostly because.......well, do you remember those air poppers from back in the day?? They looked like this.......

DSC_0032.2

Well, it turns out that you can still buy them!! AND, they look pretty much exactly like the one my parents had when I was a kid! Haha. We used to love that thing! Obviously this was back before microwave popcorn hit the shelves but these days, with so many of us trying to think a little more about our health and the things we eat, using an air popper instead of microwave popcorn is just the ticket! Actually, Bart and I have been using one of these poppers for a couple years now, but I thought it'd be fun to include one of these in the anniversary gift for my sis and b-i-l. We got them this popper (at Wal-mart) and for the rest of the gift set, we included a jumbo popcorn bowl, four small popcorn bowls, popcorn kernels and a few different popcorn seasonings.

DSC_0029.2

You can see in this photo, how I dressed up all of the individual items in the gift set so that they would all be color coordinated. This was especially important in the case of the 3 popcorn seasonings/salt because they all had totally different packaging and didn't coordinate well at all. I simply took strips of different bitty dot/box/star patterned papers and rolled them around the jars, securing the ends with scor-tape.

DSC_0028.2

I poured bags of popcorn from the grocery store into Papertrey's large kraft window coffee bags and decorated them up just a bit to reinforce my color theme. I added strips of plum pudding classic grosgrain ribbon right across the window portion of the bags with scor-tape. Next, I die cut the bitty box basics patterned paper using the new Mat Stack 2 die. Over the top of that, I layered a scalloped circle that I stamped with the "Just For You" image from the Just For You stamp set, using dark chocolate ink. On to the scalloped circle layer, I added a dotted circle image from Just For you that I stamped with plum pudding ink and punched out using a circle punch. Lastly, I stamped the "popcorn" sentiment from Just For You and adhered it to the center of the circle with more foam adhesive.

DSC_0030.2

For their coordinating anniversary card, I chose to reiterate a lot of the details that I'd used on the popcorn bags. I created a similar label focal point, only this time I added a large plum pudding button to the center and adhered the entire label to strips of kraft and dark chocolate card stock. The "Happy Anniversary" sentiment (from Damask Designs) was stamped on the rustic cream card base with plum pudding ink and I used vintage touch tea dye ink on the edges of all of the layers.

DSC_0031.2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You

Thanks for visiting my blog.Now kindly thanks the publisher by clicking any (ads) available in the blog.You can use My Google Search Engine as your default search engine.Add Comments to my blog posts and share it via different social networks. Mention the flaws left in posts and let me able to better my blog. Moreover,You can suggest me some related links to my blog posts.Bookmark it,soon you will need it again.I will be personally thankful to you.