Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Home-made Hair Color? Why Not?!

I will say this straight off the bat: I am a hair color addict. Yeah, I admit it, and if it weren't for eyebrows I would have no idea what color my hair is really supposed to be. In my mind, hair is a blank canvas, just screaming to be clipped, altered, and, my favorite, painted.

But forget about the bottle-where's the fun in that?! Sure, you can purchase a pretty little package at the store and cross your fingers that the color you end up with is the same color the beautiful lady on the front is sporting, but after taking a cautious peek at your brassy orange it-was-supposed-to-be-golden-chestnut hues you want to maul the nearest head of hair within your reach.

The salon isn't much better, at least in my cheapo opinion. The cost of a dye job is quite literally more than the value of my car. And as fickle as I am, an ever-changing hairstyle like mine would certainly buy my colorist a new house within the year. Not for me. I like to fill my pockets with actual dollars, thank you very much.

My solution? Home-made hair color, my friend. Sure, I enjoy the odd hues of blue, black, purple, fushia, green, red, and every shade that can be created in between, but hey, who shouldn't? Don't worry though, there are plenty of tame home-made hair color treatments to suit everyone's tastes.

The funny thing is you would be surprised what passes for terrific, if temporary, hair dye that go beyond the juvenile basics, like kool-aid and food colouring. (Which, by the way, should tip you of as to how I accomplish every possible shade imaginable, including shades I haven't even named yet.)

For instance, beet juice, anyone? Yes, that red, staining, oddly sweet-smelling liquid that always finds its way onto your clothing is the very same stuff that always finds its way into my bottle of conditioner. I will tell you, when a soft red highlight is what you are seeking, this washable dye will make brunettes and darker-hued strands shine, while giving blondes and redheads a deeper hue. Gotta love it, and as a sweet bonus your hair gets to smell like tropical punch. What a fun, temporary fix for the inner hair rebel in anyone.


Lemon juice and tea are old standbys. For the honey-colored tresses these natural additives to hair are like gold. Just watch your hair sing with joy when the beautiful light streaks jump out into the sun to tease the world around you. Yeah, it sounds sappy, but when you can have beautiful highlights on the cheap and have it be healthier for your tresses on top of that, I can imagine if your hair could sing it would.

For those of you treating your hair to a good time on the rebellious side (not my point of view in reality but most of us think blue is a bit unconventional) keep your kool-aid packets handy. Forget the food coloring and go straight for the good stuff. Mind your skin, wear gloves, and let the streaking good times roll!!!
Healthy, home-made hair color for everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You

Thanks for visiting my blog.Now kindly thanks the publisher by clicking any (ads) available in the blog.You can use My Google Search Engine as your default search engine.Add Comments to my blog posts and share it via different social networks. Mention the flaws left in posts and let me able to better my blog. Moreover,You can suggest me some related links to my blog posts.Bookmark it,soon you will need it again.I will be personally thankful to you.