Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Pineapple Chicken

This dish changed a lot throughout the preparation process. I originally had envisioned a pineapple-based glaze over chicken breasts with pineapple chunks on top. Then I decided I wanted to do more of a saucy dish with chicken chunks instead of whole breasts. So I went for a Chinese style sauce. It turned out wonderfully. We all really enjoyed it served with the baked brown rice balls.p4214788

Pineapple Chicken

  • 2 T. Olive oil
  • 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
  • 1 green pepper, diced
  • 1 can pineapple chunks or tidbits, drained with 1/2 c. juice reserved
  • 1 t. crushed red pepper flakes
  • 1/2 t. dried ginger (or 1 T. freshly grated ginger)
  • 1/3 c. teriyaki sauce
  • 1/3 c. chicken stock
  • 1 T. cornstarch mixed with 1 T. water

1. In a large skillet, heat olive oil. Add chicken and brown on both sides, about 3-4 minutes each. Cover skillet and cook for 10 minutes more. (If chicken is not fully cooked all the way, that’s okay. It will have a chance to finish cooking later.) Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.

2. Add diced green peppers, pineapple, crushed red pepper and ginger. Cook about 5 minutes. While cooking, cut the chicken into chunks.

p4214769

3. Add reserved pineapple juice, teriyaki sauce and chicken sauce. Bring to a boil, return chicken to skillet, reduce heat, cover and simmer for at least an additional 15 minutes or up to a few hours.

4. About 10 minutes before serving, remove cover from skillet and bring sauce back to a boil. Stir in cornstarch/water mixture and continue boiling until sauce is desired thickness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You

Thanks for visiting my blog.Now kindly thanks the publisher by clicking any (ads) available in the blog.You can use My Google Search Engine as your default search engine.Add Comments to my blog posts and share it via different social networks. Mention the flaws left in posts and let me able to better my blog. Moreover,You can suggest me some related links to my blog posts.Bookmark it,soon you will need it again.I will be personally thankful to you.