Sunday, September 20, 2009

Fresh Mayonnaise


With a food processor there is no excuse not to make mayonnaise at home once in a while. It will bear little resemblance to the bottled stuff: homemade mayonnaise is so much better. Period.



ingredients

2 egg yolks
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 cup vegetable or olive oil

timer

prep: 5 minutes
total: 5 minutes

tools

food processor (or blender)


instructions

1. Combine the egg yolks, mustard, cayenne and lemon juice in a food processor. Start to process, and as the machine runs, add the oil in a thin stream through the top spout. The mayonnaise will come together and thicken all of a sudden.

2. If the mixture is too thick, add a little warm water to thin it. Add salt and pepper to taste. The mayonnaise will keep for about 1 week in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You

Thanks for visiting my blog.Now kindly thanks the publisher by clicking any (ads) available in the blog.You can use My Google Search Engine as your default search engine.Add Comments to my blog posts and share it via different social networks. Mention the flaws left in posts and let me able to better my blog. Moreover,You can suggest me some related links to my blog posts.Bookmark it,soon you will need it again.I will be personally thankful to you.