Sunday, September 20, 2009

Fun with Mini Gourds

The gourds that I have from this year need several months to dry out before I can craft with them, but I have some mini gourds left from last year that I finally figured out how to decorate them. These are warty gourds and that’s what was throwing me off with the design, but I decided to use the warts (bumps) as the item to decorate the gourd – you will see what I mean …

Dried mini gourds Dried mini gourds

First I painted the gourds with orange paint all over …

Gourds painted Then I sponge painted a coating of brown over this so they would look more realistic …

Brown sponged on gourds Do this step gently since the orange paint may come off in spots if worked on too roughly – I touched it up with the q-tip after. Let this all dry for a few hours and then design your pumpkins!

Mini pumpkins 2

Halloween mini gourds BOO!

I also experimented with some pressed flowers – glued them “gently” on the gourd since the flowers are very thin. Pressing flowers is simple – I put them in pages of phone books and weighted them down. After a few weeks they were dry and ready to use.

Pressed flower on gourd

Pressed flower on gourd 2

The gourds in the backyard garden are progressing right along – Grow Grow Gourds!

Gourd in backyard

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You

Thanks for visiting my blog.Now kindly thanks the publisher by clicking any (ads) available in the blog.You can use My Google Search Engine as your default search engine.Add Comments to my blog posts and share it via different social networks. Mention the flaws left in posts and let me able to better my blog. Moreover,You can suggest me some related links to my blog posts.Bookmark it,soon you will need it again.I will be personally thankful to you.