Sunday, September 20, 2009

Homemade tortillas and salsa


Tortillas

  • 10 pack of tortilla wraps, any variety
  • salt
  • deep fryer
  • pizza slicer

I normally pick up 2 different types of tortilla wrap, just to mix it up. They come in all sorts of varieties nowadays, like sundried tomato, multigrain or roasted red pepper, so your options for diversity are pretty wide open. Turn on your deep fryer to heat up, then begin to slice your wraps into somewhat uniform triangles. I typically cut 3 wraps at a time with the slicer. Once the deep fryer is ready, throw your little triangles in and cook until they are crispy and and darken up a bit. Remove from deep fryer and onto a plate covered with paper towels. De-oil them as best as possible, then add a little bit of salt.

This was my first go at making a salsa and I was quite pleasantly surprised with the results. Most of the people I tend to cook for aren’t fond of hot stuff, so I kept this one tame, though I plan on experimenting a bit later.

Salsa

  • 2 red tomatoes
  • 1 sweet red pepper
  • 1 sweet green pepper
  • 1 sweet yellow pepper
  • 1 whole bulb of garlic
  • 1 lime
  • 1 lemon
  • 1/2 cup of red wine
  • 3 tbsp Cumin
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
  • 2 tbsp Oregano
  • 3 tbsp chili powder

Chop up the tomatoes, peppers(de-seed those) and garlic and chop them up using a food processor or chopper. If you like chunky salsa, leave the pieces large, if you like smoother salsa, pulverize at will. Once you’re done you’ll want to toss them into a pot. Squeeze the juice from the lemon and lime and add the rest of the ingredients into the pot as well. Cook on medium for about 10 minutes until things start bubbling, then reduce to low and let it simmer for about an hour, stirring periodically.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You

Thanks for visiting my blog.Now kindly thanks the publisher by clicking any (ads) available in the blog.You can use My Google Search Engine as your default search engine.Add Comments to my blog posts and share it via different social networks. Mention the flaws left in posts and let me able to better my blog. Moreover,You can suggest me some related links to my blog posts.Bookmark it,soon you will need it again.I will be personally thankful to you.