Sunday, September 20, 2009

Homemade Ice Cream

Have you looked at the ingredient list on your ice cream container lately? Recognize anything? Aside from a very select few brands, store-bought ice cream is filled with unnecessary, unhealthy and unpronounceable ingredients.

Here’s an easy solution… make your own! Keep an eye out for ice cream freezers on Craigslist or at garage sales this summer, and prepare to make your own frozen treats. It’s easier than you think!

Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream

  • 6 eggs
  • 2 1/2 cups sugar
  • 1 quart half & half
  • 1 pint whipping cream
  • 2-3 tsp. vanilla
  • milk
  • ice cream salt (rock salt)
  • ice

Blend eggs, sugar, half & half, whipping cream, and vanilla. Pour into ice cream freezer. Pour in milk to fill line on freezer bucket; mix with freezer paddle. (Mine is a 5 quart freezer. I use about 1 quart milk.) Follow manufacturer’s directions to freeze, layering ice and rock salt around freezer.

IMG 2045 Homemade Ice Cream

Our favorite variations ~ cut the sugar by 1/2 to 1 cup and add one of the following:

  • 2-3 mashed bananas
  • 1-2 cups strawberries in syrup
  • strawberries and bananas
  • 2-3 chopped candy bars
  • 1 cup mini chocolate chips
  • chopped oreo cookies

The possibilities are endless!

IMG 2047 Homemade Ice Cream

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You

Thanks for visiting my blog.Now kindly thanks the publisher by clicking any (ads) available in the blog.You can use My Google Search Engine as your default search engine.Add Comments to my blog posts and share it via different social networks. Mention the flaws left in posts and let me able to better my blog. Moreover,You can suggest me some related links to my blog posts.Bookmark it,soon you will need it again.I will be personally thankful to you.