Sunday, September 20, 2009

Homemade Windex

Homemade Glass Cleaner? - Cheaplander.comI’ve been sort of following a rule here at Cheaplander - I haven’t made too many posts about “homemade” things unless I’ve actually tried it myself. However, I’ve come to realize that this just isn’t the most efficient way to blog. In fact, it’s downright stupid of me. For one thing, there’s tons of Cheaplander-ish things out there to try out, and only 24 hours in the day to try them out.

For another, I’m just a plain lazy writer.

So I’m going to start putting up stuff that I’d be interested in trying out in the future. Hopefully, someone out there will have tried it already and can steer me away or toward it.

The other day I was looking up how to make various cleaning products at home. I haven’t really tried any of the suggestions out there yet. The one I found that I was interested in (can’t remember where it came from) was making your own glass cleaner. The big daddy in product names for this is of course Windex.

I’d already taken the first step of buying the non-name brand varieties of glass cleaner. But I was wondering if the “recipes” for it really worked as well as the store-bought variety. Here is what I heard: All you really need is some kind of ammonia and alcohol. The one I saw used equal parts of rubbing alcohol, lemon ammonia and water. That was pretty much it.

OK, so I’d be interested to hear if anyone has every tried something like that. Also, I know there are a ton of other cleaning products out there that you can supposedly make at home - so I’d be interested in hearing about that as well. One of the other ones I’ve been meaning to try one of these days is homemade laundry detergent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You

Thanks for visiting my blog.Now kindly thanks the publisher by clicking any (ads) available in the blog.You can use My Google Search Engine as your default search engine.Add Comments to my blog posts and share it via different social networks. Mention the flaws left in posts and let me able to better my blog. Moreover,You can suggest me some related links to my blog posts.Bookmark it,soon you will need it again.I will be personally thankful to you.