Sunday, September 20, 2009

Homemade Roller Coasters has Banked Turns, is Very Fast

This homemade roller coaster -- sent in by reader Mark -- could quite possibly be the fastest one we've seen yet, and it even has banked turns to keep things safe at high speeds.


Here’s a fully-functional roller coaster by John Ivers in his backyard called the “Blue Flash”. The Blue Flash is a 180 foot long home-made welded and made roller coaster featuring a 360-degree loop and works safely.






“Style: Out and Back
Height: 17 feet
First Drop: 20 feet
Top Speed: 20 mph
Track Length: 444 feet
Max Positive G’s: 3.5
Max Negative G’s: -0.2
Material: Pressure Treated Southern Yellow Pine
Number of Drops: 4
Lift hill angle: 26.6 degrees
1st Drop: 54 degrees
2nd Drop: 43 degrees
Curve banking: 50 degrees
Duration: About 1 minute
Cart: Single Car, Wood and Steel Construction
Capacity: Single Rider
Chain Lift: 1HP Motor, 3/4″ Pitch Roller Chain/Sprockets

Overall:
9,500 lbs (4.75 Tons) Lumber
7,000 Screws/Nails
2,900 board feet of lumber
Investment: $5.5k ”

Via: Micsaund

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You

Thanks for visiting my blog.Now kindly thanks the publisher by clicking any (ads) available in the blog.You can use My Google Search Engine as your default search engine.Add Comments to my blog posts and share it via different social networks. Mention the flaws left in posts and let me able to better my blog. Moreover,You can suggest me some related links to my blog posts.Bookmark it,soon you will need it again.I will be personally thankful to you.