Sunday, September 20, 2009

Homemade Baby Food for the Mini Whipped Gourmand


STORAGE: Put baby food in ice cube trays, pop them out and store them plastic freezer bags and remove a few as needed.

YOGURT PARFAIT: These are great when you will be on the go. In a jar, layer plain yogurt, applesauce (no sugar added) and a sprinkle of baby food rice or oatmeal cereal. Mix it all up before feeding.

TURKEY DINNER: Saute half a package (3/4lb.) of ground turkey meat. Put it in a food processor or blender with about 1 cup of sliced, cooked carrots and 1 cup of cooked rice. Use water little by little as needed to process until thick and smooth.

CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP: I used chicken thighs to make a basic chicken soup. I removed some of the chicken, noodles and a little broth before adding any salt or spices and blended it up.

CINNAMON PEAR BANANA: Steam pears for about 3 minutes. Blend them with banana and a sprinkle of cinnamon.

FOR NON PARENTS: If you do not have children and you have read this whole post anyway, I will reward you with an idea! I just found this idea in the magazine ReadyMade and I wish I had thought of it sooner. Freeze leftover coffee in ice cube trays and use it in iced coffee drinks so they don’t get watered down. And, freeze leftover wine in cubes to pop into sauces easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You

Thanks for visiting my blog.Now kindly thanks the publisher by clicking any (ads) available in the blog.You can use My Google Search Engine as your default search engine.Add Comments to my blog posts and share it via different social networks. Mention the flaws left in posts and let me able to better my blog. Moreover,You can suggest me some related links to my blog posts.Bookmark it,soon you will need it again.I will be personally thankful to you.